Many Juicers often ask the question…“How should I store my Fresh Juice?”
This is a great question.
Juice begins losing its nutritional value shortly after Juicing. If you’re using a Centrifugal Juicer your Juice may be losing its nutritional value even faster due to the high heat generated in the Juicing process.
This is why many people prefer using a Masticating Juicer since it Juices green leafy vegetables more efficiently while preserving its nutritional value.
Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black
403 total customer reviews...
Access “The Juicing Blueprint” – Learn How to Start Juicing Here
Another great question is:
How long can I store my Juice?
You want to make sure you are getting the maximum nutritional benefits from your Juice, so following these 5 quick & easy Juice storage tips will get you there:
1) Store Juice in a glass jar-If possible, use a glass container (i.e. mason jar) to store your Juice. Also choose a jar that is large enough to store your Juice. After you’ve finished Juicing, make sure to fill the jar to the very top and seal it tight. Sealing your Juice in an airtight glass jar will minimize oxidation and preserve the nutritional value of the Juice.
total customer reviews...
2) Drink Juice immediately after Juicing or within 24 hours-Drinking your Juice immediately is always the best option, however, if you need to store your Juice, keep a few things in mind. Juice produced with a Masticating Juicer can last up to 24 hours if stored correctly. The reason you can keep it stored so long is that Masticating Juicers are considered higher quality Juicers with lower RPM’s (revolutions per minute) which helps prevent oxidation. Juice made with a Centrifugal Juicer should be consumed within 12 hours.
Keep in mind, these are general guidelines. There are many quality Centrifugal Juicers on the market as well.
Breville Juicers are extremely popular and have a quality Centrifugal Juicer line.
3) Use Citrus Juice-Certain Juices will oxidize sooner than others. On average, citrus Juices will last longer than apple Juice.
4) Go Organic-Juicing organic fruits and vegetables may help your Juices last longer due to their higher nutritional quality. Another great Juice preservation tip is adding lemon or lime Juice to your Juicing recipes. Not only will this help preserve the Juice but it will help make green Juices more palatable.
5) Refrigerate-Storing your Juice in a refrigerator will help prolong the Juice’s quality. Juice, left uncovered and at room temperature may oxidize and spoil quickly.
Ball® Regular Mouth Pint Jars with Lids and Bands- Set of 12 (by Jarden Home Brands)
99 total customer reviews...
total customer reviews...
If you’ve enjoyed this article I’d like to encourage you to read the entire series called “The Juicing Blueprint”. You’ll have access to a series of articles designed to get you started on Juicing the right way.